2019

May 22, 2019 - 9:00am
Major refurbishment works were completed and Campbell’s Stores was relaunched as Sydney’s preeminent harbourside dining precinct.[Read more]

2013

May 21, 2019 - 12:54pm
Leaseholder, private hospitality company Tallawoladah Pty Ltd received approval to undertake A$32million in refurbishments.[Read more]

1999

May 20, 2019 - 10:43am
The Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority Act was established to own and manager The Rocks.[Read more]

1980s

May 18, 2019 - 10:42am
During the 80s, there was substantial redevelopment of the stores as part of the Bicentenary. The entire area was redeveloped and...[Read more]

1970s

May 17, 2019 - 12:50pm
Control of Campbell’s Stores shifted to the Maritime Services Board.[Read more]

1950s – 1960s

May 17, 2019 - 12:44pm
The demolition of the southern-most bay of Campbell’s Stores to facilitate construction of the elevated roadway for the Overseas Passenger Terminal...[Read more]

1900s

May 17, 2019 - 12:41pm
In 1901, the Sydney Harbour Trust took over the Stores. One of the first acts of the Harbour Trust after it...[Read more]

1887

May 17, 2019 - 11:37am
By 1887 Campbell’s Stores had been expanded, with a third storey added to each of the 11 bays.[Read more]

1876 – 1877

May 17, 2019 - 11:36am
In May 1876, the Australasian Steam Navigation Company purchased Campbell’s Wharf for £100,000. The name of the stores was changed to...[Read more]

1852 – 1861

May 17, 2019 - 11:31am
In the early 1850s the first five stores were built of stone with slate roofs, these are the first five bays...[Read more]

1845

May 16, 2019 - 10:28am
By this time structures showed a house, stores, warehouse, wharf, office and cottage. These stores were the older stone stores on...[Read more]

1820s

May 15, 2019 - 5:16pm
Robert Campbell entered the intercolonial trade, combining the wheat exports of a growing Derwent market. The construction of the original stores...[Read more]

1801

May 14, 2019 - 10:21am
Following the arrival of Robert Campbell, the area became a centre of maritime shipping and handling. The first stores houses were...[Read more]

1796

May 13, 2019 - 5:13pm
Robert Campbell formed “Campbell & Co” in Calcutta and sent his first cargo ship to Sydney, arriving in 1799 where he...[Read more]

Keep up to date with the latest news and offersStay in the know